If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the address shown at the bottom of this page or email on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide to us when you make a telephone order or complete forms on our website.
- Login details to our website, e.g., email address, encrypted password, company name.
- Your IP address in web server logs (these are only retained for one month for security and diagnostic purposes).
- Your anonymised IP address.
- Your contact information including: email address, billing address, delivery address, name, mobile and landline numbers.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
If you contact us we may also keep a record of any correspondence.
By using our website you consent to us collecting and using this information.
What we do with the information we gather
The lawful basis that we collect and process information is to fulfil our contractual obligation to you. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To send you an order confirmation.
- To process your order and co-ordinate delivery.
- To arrange to send you any products or materials ordered.
- To contact you should there be any problems or queries with your order.
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, providing you have given your explicit consent for us to do this during the order process, you can opt out of this at any time.
We will not disclose any personally identifiable information about individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 200 men aged under the age of 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in BD19). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
The only time we would disclose any information to thirds parties is:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with a legal obligation, to protect our rights, property or safety of our staff and our customers or to share information for the purposes of fraud protection or credit risk reduction.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We never sell any information to third parties. We only disclose information to third parties should there be a legal requirement. At present this is Tuffnells Parcels carriers to facilitate delivery, in order to fulfil our contract to you.
A cookie is a small file containing information that is placed on your computer's hard drive. It is sent back to websites when you visit a new page or return at a later date. Cookies enable websites do do things such as remember if you're logged in, remember the contents of your basket, or track your visiting activity.
Cookies sent to you directly from The Timber Shop are used for providing essential functions such as knowing whether you're logged in and what you've put in your basket.
Cookies used by third parties such as Google Analytics are non-essential and are used for gathering analytical information. We do not send personally identifiable information to these third parties.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For example, you can find out how to manage cookies on Google Chrome. Alternatively you can use plugins to automatically reject tracking cookies such as Privacy Badger.
The data we collect helps us to analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit our website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customers needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies used on our website
The Timber Shop
|_zmey_session||first party||session||Provides essential website functions (login, basket, etc.)|
|cc||first party||session||Remembers that you've dismissed the cookie banner|
|NID||third party||6 months||Stores your Google search preferences|
|_ga||first party||2 years||Client ID which allows Google to recognise repeat visits from the same browser|
|_gid||first party||24 hours||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||first party||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate|
Google Customer Reviews Badge
|OTZ||third party||1 month||Google APIS cookie|
|SL_C_xxxx_KEY||first party||2 years||Provides session recording functionality|
|SL_C_xxxx_SID||first party||2 years||Provides session recording functionality|
|SL_C_xxxx_VID||first party||2 years||Provides session recording functionality|
We use third party providers to provide us with different services to help us manage our website. This provides us with information, for example, on how many visitors we have had to our site, and for how long they used it for, what they viewed whilst they were on it and what they looked at. This allows us to tailor our products to what the Customer wants. The providers we use are Google Analytics and Smartlook which allow us to ensure that the site is working as it should be.
Tracking software and personally identifiable information
Any information is used for our internal activity purposes only. We do not transmit personally identifiable information to providers of visitor tracking / analytics software.
Other third party providers
We also use the following providers to facilitate transactions on the website:
- Stripe (payments)
- PayPal (payments)
- Yorkshire Payments (payments)
- Mailgun (sending transactional emails)
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you do not wish to receive direct marketing or promotional material from us please write to us at the address shown below or email us on email@example.com.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address shown below or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe from email marketing without signing in at buywood.co.uk/account/communication_preferences/unsubscribe
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Timber Shop, Highfield Mills, Heaton Street, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 3TN.
The Timber Shop (buywood.co.uk) is a trading name of The Timber Shop LLP.